What We Believe:
In a nutshell, we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God who came to us in the flesh (John 1:1, 14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:20), crucified on Calvary’s cross for the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2), resurrected bodily from the dead (Luke 24:39), and will visibly return to the earth (Rev. 1:7). We believe that the Bible is God’s revelation to man and is complete, inerrant, and the final authority on all matters of faith, practice, and whatever else it touches upon (Psa. 12:6-7; Luke 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16). Salvation is the free gift of a loving God (Rom. 6:23), and is obtained by placing faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ’s blood atonement, by exercising belief in His bodily resurrection from the dead, and by surrendering to His Lordship (Rom. 10:9-10, 13).
For a more detailed statement of our beliefs, please view the “Baptist Faith and Message.”
Statement of Our Vision
We feel that our purpose at Grace Baptist Church is to love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength, love our neighbors as ourselves, share the love of God through evangelism and service projects, and disciple believers into mature Christians (Mark 12:28-31; Matt. 28:18-20).
Our vision is to provide the people of Gardner with the opportunity to experience the life changing power and love of Jesus Christ. In other words, we want to share the love of God and serve the people of Gardner in order to make Jesus famous!
We seek to be:
- – More than a church who just meets on Sunday…we want to be a church that meets people’s needs.
- – A source of relevant teaching and preaching from God’s Word, the Bible, that helps people grow in their spiritual journey.
- – A fellowship that encourages, equips, and provides opportunities for believers to use their gifts and talents to worship and serve God.
- – Friends who genuinely care for, support, and serve one another.
- – Intentional witnesses to the love and salvation that is found in Jesus Christ.
- – Disciples of Christ who serve by giving our time to help new or struggling Christians to grow in their relationship with Christ.