What We Believe:
In a nutshell, we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God who came to us in the flesh (John 1:1, 14), born of a virgin (Matt. 1:20), crucified on Calvary’s cross for the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2), resurrected bodily from the dead (Luke 24:39), and will visibly return to the earth (Rev. 1:7). We believe that the Bible is God’s revelation to man and is complete, inerrant, and the final authority on all matters of faith, practice, and whatever else it touches upon (Psa. 12:6-7; Luke 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16). Salvation is the free gift of a loving God (Rom. 6:23), and is obtained by placing faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ’s blood atonement, by exercising belief in His bodily resurrection from the dead, and by surrendering to His Lordship (Rom. 10:9-10, 13).
For a more detailed statement of our beliefs, please view the “Baptist Faith and Message.”
Grace exists to “Be the Salt, Be the Light, Be the Difference” in Gardner. This is based upon Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:13-16, “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.”
How’s It Work?
Be the Salt – We seek to reflect Jesus’ character. This comes from and inward change brought about by the Holy Spirit through discipleship and obedient response to God’s Word (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Be the Light – We seek to share the gospel of Jesus Christ (that Jesus lived, died, and rose again) as well as demonstrate His love in action to our community and one another. We believe this allows us to visibly and tangibly share God’s love with others.
Be the Difference – By reflecting a Christlike character, preaching a Christ-exalting gospel, and demonstrating Christ-honoring service, we believe we can make an eternal difference in the lives of the people of Gardner.
We seek to be:
- More than a church who just meets on Sunday…we want to be a church that meets people’s needs.
- A source of relevant teaching and preaching from God’s Word, the Bible, that helps people grow in their spiritual journey.
- A fellowship that encourages, equips, and provides opportunities for believers to use their gifts and talents to worship and serve God.
- A family who genuinely cares for, supports, and serves one another in Christ’s love.
- Intentional witnesses to the love and salvation that is found in Jesus Christ.
- Disciples of Christ who serve by giving our time to help new or struggling Christians to grow in their relationship with Christ.