What We Believe
(In a Nutshell):
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God who came to us in the flesh (John 1:1, 14)
- He was born of a virgin (Matt. 1:20)
- He was crucified on Calvary’s cross for the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2)
- He was resurrected bodily from the dead (Luke 24:39)
- He will visibly return to the earth (Rev. 1:7)
- We believe that the Bible is God’s revelation to man and is complete, inerrant, and the final authority on all matters of faith, practice, and whatever else it touches upon (Psa. 12:6-7; Luke 4:4; 2 Tim. 3:16).
- Salvation is the free gift of a loving God (Rom. 6:23)
- It is obtained by placing faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ’s blood atonement, by exercising belief in His bodily resurrection from the dead, and by surrendering to His Lordship (Rom. 10:9-10, 13)
For a more detailed statement of our beliefs, please view the “Baptist Faith and Message”
Grace exists to “Be the Salt, Be the Light, Be the Difference” in Gardner.
This is based upon Jesus’ words in Matthew 5:13-16, “You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven.”
How's it Work?
Be The Salt
We seek to reflect Jesus’ character.This comes from and inward change brought about by the Holy Spirit through discipleship and obedient response to God’s Word ().
Be The Light
We seek to share the gospel of Jesus Christ (that Jesus lived, died, and rose again) as well as demonstrate His love in action to our community and one another. We believe this allows us to visibly and tangibly share God’s love with others.
Be the Difference
By reflecting a Christlike character, preaching a Christ-exalting gospel, and demonstrating Christ-honoring service, we believe we can make an eternal difference in the lives of the people of Gardner.
We Believe that God calls us to be . . .
An Intergenerational Family of Believers
Church is the Family of God. At GBC, we value the older generation, the younger generation, and everybody in between. We encourage each generation to serve God together and learn from each other. If we reflect the family we can restore the family - Ephesians 2:19; Titus 2:2-12; 1 Timothy 4:11-15
Who Know and Use our Spiritual Gifts
We all have a spiritual gift from God to use for His glory - 1 Corinthians 7:7; Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
To Encourage and Equip One Another
We can cheer one another on to find their purpose and place to serve God with us - Ephesians 4:15-16; Hebrews 10:25
To Reflect Christ to the People Around Us
We believe that as we reflect the family of God and help each other find purpose and fulfillment in Christ, the community will see our love and unity and desire to follow Christ, too - John 17:20-26